About Automobile Engineering
Since the beginning of the 20th century, an automobile has entered the livelihoods of almost everyone. Therefore, the most appropriate invention since the bicycle. Volkswagen, Toyota, BMW, General Motors, Honda and Ford of few examples of large automobile companies which produce vehicles yearly in the global market and Tata, Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra and Ashok Layland in India.
Cars have authorized people to travel around faster than they used to and lives of mankind much more safe, luxurious and convenient. An automobile(or car) is the wheeled motor vehicle is used for transportation. An automobile came into the market during the 20th century. In 1886 automobiles started and the inventor of the modern car was Karl Benz. So, The first car was launched in 1908 by an American car manufacturing company whose name is Ford Motor Company.
So to be a centre of quality in the field of automobile Engineering by providing quality education gathering the ever-changing requirements of the Industry.
- To promote innovation, Research and Consultancy leading to patents and research publications
- To strengthen Industry Institute Interaction to merge with industry expert talks, internships, and industries for training.
- Introduce environment awareness, Ethical and Social values by participation in Extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
The department of automobile engineering is dedicated to learning efficient and educating engineers who will become leaders in establishing the concurrence between technology and mankind.
- To train and educate students academically and technically for automobile engineering.
- For encourage department work and research and participation at national and international level events.
- To educate and train the students on software like-Solid Edge, Ansys, Catia for development of real-time component and Pro-e.
Career Scope in Automobile Engineering
An automobile engineer’s primary objectives are to develop systems and components. So, it provides maximum customer value at minimum cost, through promoting the industry’s profitability. Some automotive engineers focus only on one area of their specialty. While others participate in all aspects of the product development process. Sometimes, the engineer learning from focus groups, and works directly with customers. The automotive engineers also work with manufacturers, suppliers and assembly specialists while designing the systems and components.
Most of the engineers work in special areas like structural design, engines, and exhaust systems. However, all specific automotive engineers perform similar duties in three general areas: Design, Research, and Testing.
Researchers generate innovative ideas using scientific projections and mathematical and formulate theories and determining whether the plan will work or not. Designers take research products and trying to manufacture them. Testers literally that the products for quality and safety before they come into the market place.
New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCE) Admission 2019, Cutoff, Entrance Exams
- Students get admission in BE program is based on KCET exam.
- Admission in M.TECH, MBA, and MCA are based on a valid score in Karnataka PGCET.
- GATE qualified students also apply for M.Tech course.
- Admission in MBA program based on CAT/MAT or XAT exams.
- Students can fill the form online by visiting the official website of New Horizon College of Engineering.
- Minimum eligibility criteria is 45% with Science Stream(Mathematics,Chemistry,Physics,Biology,computer science/Electronics).