- NBA is established in the year 1994.
- Under the Section 10(u) of All India Council for Technical education(AICTE) act.
- It became autonomous in January 2010.
- Also in April 2013, the Memorandum of Association. Now, NBA is completely independent of AICTE, financially as well as
- NBA does not receive any grant either from the any regular body or higher education and from the government.
- Accreditation is a process of quality improvement and assurance, by which a programme in an approved Institution is demanding
appraised to verify that the programme or Institution continuous to meet or exceed the standard and norms prescribed by regulator
from time to time.
- NBA is a kind of recognition which indicate that the institution or programme fulfills certain standards.
GENERAL APPROACH ON ACCREDITATION
- Educational Institutions and programms considering for accreditation.
- Programs to be accreditation must be provided by an educational Institution.
- For Accreditation, educational Institution programs from which at least two batches of students have to graduated.
BENEFITS OF ACCREDITATION
- Recognizes the innovations/achievement
- Demonstrate the loyalty/commitment to excellence.
- Facilities continuous quality improvement.
- Improves staff morale.
- Facilities information sharing.
- Helps the institution to know its weakness, strengths and opportunities.
- Initiates institutions into modern method of training and innovations
- Gives institutions to new sense of identity and directions.
- Promotes inter and intra-institutional interactions.
PROCEDURE OF ACCREDITATION
- Request for registration
- Issue of temporary login ID and password.
- Fees to be paid by institute/college.
- Permanent user id and password allotted.
- Fill the application form online.
- Approval of NBA
- Payment of fees
- Institution to submit e-SAR choose five sets as date requested by NBA.
- Visit date communicated by NBA.
- Structure of visiting team
- Visit to the institution
NBA'S CRITERIA OF ACCREDITATION
- Institution vision, mission and programme educational objectives
- Programme outcome
- Students performance
- Programme curriculum
- Technical support and facilities
- Faculty contributions
- Teaching learning process and academic support units
- Improvement in achievement of outcomes
- Institutional support, governance and financial resources
Registration fee is: 1,00,000 with 18% GST.
No. of Programmes to be Accredited
Payment to be made with Application + 18% GST