About BMS College of Engineering
BMS College of Engineering Bangalore is perhaps the most in-demand course in India. Also, The density of engineering colleges in the country is quite stunning, as every state has countless options for students. Mechanical, Chemical, Physical Sciences, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, and many more options are all there to choose from. So, Yet it is still very competitive, with All India as well as State level examinations to clear with a high rank before applying, to guarantee admission into the country’s best.
Students these days could aid the process by starting their research early and setting their sights on the best. Also, BMS College of Engineering is one such college in Bangalore that promises quality and first-rate educational services. If you are looking to study engineering in Bangalore, BMS is a good choice to make. Founded in 1946, it aims to achieve excellence in the technical field through research, education, and service to the society. Here’s all the details you need on BMS College of Engineering Bangalore.
- NBA (National Board of Accreditation)
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University)
- Undergraduate Level: B.E. or B.Tech (4-year duration); B.Arch (5-year duration)
- Postgraduate Level: MBA, M.Tech, MCA, M.Arch
BMS College of Engineering Admission
The College has a capacity of large intake compared to other engineering colleges in Karnataka in Karnataka. Currently, it has 5000 students who are pursuing higher studies. The academic track record is also excellent. Above 90% of the students achieve first class in exams. Moreover, the placement cell of the college is very efficient.
On an average, atleast 90% of students get placed every year. The placement center also provides pre-placement training in soft skills and career guidance to help students get acquainted with corporate requirements. More than 100 reputed companies visit the campus every year for recruitment. Furthermore, it has a strong alumni base of over 35,000 placed in various reputed organizations.
The BMS college of engineering admission starts from January every year with registrations beginning for MBA and MCA courses. Above all, The entire BMS college of the engineering admission procedure is offline. Therefore, You need to take a printout of the application form and submit it before the closing date. You can easily get the forms on the BMS website.
Admissions to UG courses –
B.E. or B.Tech: Selection is per the scores in COMEDK. Besides, the applicant must complete 12 or an equivalent examination with Maths and Physics, with any one of the following elective subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Bio-Technology with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Moreover, you have more than 10 specializations to choose from. You can get the application form from the BMS official website. After filling it, you need to send the form together with the application fee to BMS Educational Trust, Bangalore.
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Instrumentation Technology
- Information Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Medical Electronics
- Electronics and Communication
B.Arch: Selection is per the scores in NATA and merit. Besides, the applicant must complete 12 or an equivalent examination with Maths and Physics or 10+3 along with a Diploma.
Admissions to PG courses –
- Admissions to PG courses –
- MBA: Selection is as per the scores in KMAT. Besides, the student needs to have a bachelor degree of 3 years at least. So, You can get the application form from the BMS official website. After filling it, you need to send the form together with the application fee to BMS Educational Trust, Bangalore.
- Information Technology
M.Tech: Selection is as per the scores in PGCET or GATE. Besides, the student needs to have a B.E. or B.Tech degree in the relevant subject.
- Computer engineering
- Machine Design
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Digital Communication Engineering
- MCA: Selection is as per the scores in KMAT. Besides, the student needs to have a BCA degree in the relevant subject.
M.Arch: Selection is as per the scores in PGCET or GATE. Besides, the student needs to have a B.Arch degree in graduation. GATE qualified applicants need not appear for PGCET.
- Admissions to Ph.D. courses – Selection is based on the Ph.D. entrance exam conducted by BMS College of Engineering. Final selection is based on both merit and the scores. Moreover, you can choose from 8 Ph.D. courses offered in Management, Engineering, and IT. Besides, you need to have a Master’s or equivalent Degree from (10+2) +3+2 academic system in a subject relevant to your research. Minimum 55% aggregate scores are required.
Also, any exemptions to the eligibility criteria for any of the above courses is granted only to the students of Karnataka belonging to SC, ST, and OBC).