The AICTE technical education beginning in India in mid-19th century. Also Major policy initiatives included the appointment of the ICU(Indian Universities Commission) in 1902, IEPR(Indian Education Policy Resolution) in 1904, and the GGP(Government General’s Policy) in 1913 emphasize the importance of Technical Education. AICTE was started in November 1945 as a national-level peak consulting body to conduct a survey that which of the facilities are available for technical education. And also promote the development of country in an integrated manner and coordinated.
- Formulation, statutory authority for planning, and maintenance of standard and norms.
- Quality assurance through accreditation
- Monitoring, Evolution and Funding in priority areas.
- Awards and Maintaining parity of certification
- The management of technical education in the country.
It is facilitates by 10 statutory Boards of studies, namely, Technical Education, Vocational Education, Architecture,
Hotel Management and Pharmaceutical Education, Catering Technology, Town and Country Planning, UG studies in Engineering and Technology, PG studies and research in Engineering and Technology, Management Studies.
The AICTE New headquarter in Delhi(Nelson Mandela Road) and the regional offices at Bangalore, Chandigarh, Kanpur, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Bhopal, Guwahati, Vadodara, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram and Chennai.
The AICTE Comprises Following Bureas/Services
- e-Gov(e-Govermance) Services
- Approval Bureau
- University Concern
- Administration Organization
- Planning and Academic service
- Research, institutional and Faculty Development service.