Founded in the year 1979, Bangalore Institute of Technology Bangalore is a well-known college in the field of Technology. It is affiliated to VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University). The college has also a mission to emerge as a leader in the fields of Engineering, Science, Management, Research, and Technology to help apply this knowledge for the benefit of society. Therefore, BIT offers courses in various domains. For instance, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Computer Science, Telecommunication, Instrumentation, Industrial Engineering, Information Science, MBA, and MCA. It has been recognized by AICTE and accredited by NBA. The state-of-the-art facilities along with cutting edge technology will ensure your excellency. Thinking to join the pool of talent here? As a result, you need to know the procedure to take Admission in Bangalore Institute of Technology Bangalore. Let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria for BIT!
Admission in Bangalore Institute of Technology Bangalore
BIT Bangalore is practically the best place for students who want to pursue Engineering. You can get to choose from nine different specializations. Moreover, the college has an intake of more than 4000 students. It is currently offering undergraduate, postgraduate, as well as Ph.D.course(s).
Nonetheless, you can get admissions in M.Tech and B.Tech through entrance exams only. These include GATE and JEE Mains respectively. Also, you can appear in PGCET conducted by VTU to get admission in M.Tech. In case you seek to take admission in MCA and MBA, so you need to qualify either of these exams – PGCET / KMAT / CMAT. Besides, admissions in Ph.D. courses are done through VRAT.
In order to get admission in MBA and MCA, you need to appear in PGCET conducted by VTU. Likewise, you can appear in the Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) conducted by AICTE or Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT).
B.Tech: Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Computer Science / Industrial Engineering / Telecommunications / Information Science.
M.Tech: Machine Design / Manufacturing Science / Structural / Computer Science / Digital Electronics / VLSI & Embedded System / Computer Network
Bangalore Institute of Technology Admission Procedure:
1. Undergraduate Level – Duration 4 years
- If you seek admission in the bachelor’s degree course, you need to pass 2 years of P.U.C. Examinations. This has to be also conducted by the KPUB (Karnataka Pre-University Board) or any other Examination that is accepted as equivalent by the VTU (Visveswaraya Technology University).
- You should also have a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate of elective subjects.
2. Postgraduate Level – Duration 2 years
- You need to pass in all subjects for which you appeared in Class 10 excluding the optional or elective subjects.
- You need to pass 2 years of P.U.C. Examinations. This has to be conducted by the KPUB (Karnataka Pre-University Board) or any other Examination that is accepted as equivalent by the VTU (Visveswaraya Technology University).
- You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of VTU or any other body duly recognized as equivalent by the Visveswaraya Technology University accredited by an act of the Indian central or state legislatures or any other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament.
- This degree must be of at least 4 years duration with minimum marks of 50% of marks in aggregate.
3. Ph.D. Level
- You need to be studying in the final semester of M.Arch., M.Tech, MBA, and MCA. Furthermore, M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Geology, and Mathematics may also apply.
Important Documents for Admission in Bangalore Institute of Technology:
- SSLC or 10th Mark Sheet (Original)– 6 Photo Copies
- PUC or 12th Mark Sheet (Original) – 6 Photo Copies
- Passport sized Photos – 3 No’s
- Original TC or Migration Certificate – 2 Photo Copies
- CET (Allotment Original Online) – 8 Photo Copies
- Management Students (Any entrance Rank Card) – 6 Photo Copies
- COMED-K Students (Original Rank Card) – 6 Photo Copies
- Address Proof: Voter ID / Aadhar Card / Pan Card / DL / UID – 2 Photo Copies
- An undertaking form of Rs. 100 bond paper by both student & parent or guardian signed by the notary
Now that you are well aware of the requirements, hopefully your Admission in Bangalore Institute of Technology Bangalore will be a smooth one!