Founded in 1972, PES University is one of the recognized colleges in Bangalore. Formerly it was known as PES Institute of Technology. In 2013, it was renamed when it attained the University status granted by the Karnataka Government. The college offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs on various domains. Fascinatingly, the institution intake of students is around 26000. Moreover, it has great industrial and academic partnerships that can help you to attain excellency. For instance, academic partnerships with IIMBx-MOOC, Taylor’s University of Malaysia, and Aberdeen University (which provides project-based specific offering). This is followed by industrial partnerships like Accor IBIS- Novotel, Travel Earth (BEATROUTE), Singapore and Redbull. The University has a well-defined infrastructure and education system overseen by experienced administrators and teachers. PES University Admission Procedure is hassle-free and can be done online itself.
Additionally, PESU has 3 more campuses in the country –
- One in the PES Institute of Medical Sciences and Research in Andhra Pradesh
- The other two are PES University Electronic City Campus, Bangalore, and PESU, Hanumanth Nagar Campus, Bangalore.
What makes it stand apart From PES University Admission Procedure?
If you are wondering what makes it stand apart from the crowd is its flexible curriculum. Whether it’s Major, Minor, Dual Major, or M.Tech Integrated Programs, you can opt for what you want to pursue.
Furthermore, you can get to be a part of various Seminars, Workshops, Research Programs, Guest lectures, International Conferences and enhance your skills. Also, Huawei Technologies India signed a MoU with PESU to provide Huawei Scholarships for Excellence to deserving students of the Engineering College. Great, isn’t it? So if you want to know how to get admission in this college, read on!
PES University Admission Procedure
You can pursue a wide range of UG courses like B.E., B.Tech., B.Sc., B.Des., B.Com., B.C.A, B.B.A., B. Pharm, MBBS, and B.Arch. These courses can be tagged along with Integrated and Dual-Degree courses. Your admission to any of these courses is subject to the entrance test PESSAT.
- You must secure 60% in Physics, Maths, and Chemistry in class 12th to get admission in B.E or B.Tech.
- For B.Arch., you need to pass 10+2 with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Mathematics must be a mandatory subject accompanied with valid NATA scores.
- You need to pass 10+2 with at least 50% marks aggregately in Arts, Science, Commerce or any other equivalent stream for B.Des. English should be a mandatory course accompanied with valid university test scores or UCEED.
- For BBA.LLB., you must have a minimum of 45% marks in 12th from any recognized board. Moreover, PESSAT and CLAT scores are mandatory.
For BCA, BBA, and BHM, you simply must have completed 12th or equivalent education.
2. For Postgraduate courses:
You can pursue a wide range of PG courses like M.E., M.Tech., M.Sc., M.Com., M.C.A, M.B.A., M Pharm, MBBS, and M.S. These degrees can be pursued under various spec.
- For M.E or M.Tech., you must get a minimum of 50% in Engineering Bachelor’s degree or any relevant stream from a recognized University. Additionally, PGCET or PESSAT is mandatory.
- If you want admission in MBA, you need at least 60% of Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University. Valid Test Scores in PGCET, PESSAT, CAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT, or GRE is mandatory.
3. For Research programs:
PESU also offers a Ph.D. degree in 8 different domains of research along with M.Phil in Maths and Science.
For admission in Ph.D. and M.Phil, you must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent GPA at both PG and UG degrees levels. For this, you need to go through the PESSAT Research Selection Process. After that, candidates are shortlisted for personal interview only based on the PESSAT results.
Hopefully, now you are completely aware of the PES University Admission Procedure and its eligibility criteria. Applicants can fill the application forms online and select the courses they want to pursue. The last date of application varies from course to course. So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!
Moreover, for any further inquiry, you can contact –Address: 100 Feet Ring Road, Banashankari III Stage, Bangalore (Karnataka).